NISP CONNECT ANNUAL REPORTadded on Thursday, June 28 2012
● How did NISP CONNECT do last year as a catalyst for NI innovation?
● Who were the key players contributing their energy to educate and mentor entrepreneurs?
● Who made time to help crowdsource strategies, open their networks for funding opportunities, or integrate great research talent with our business community?
Download your free copy of the first ever NISP CONNECT Annual Report.
To all our budding entrepreneurs, check out the list of companies who support NISP CONNECT. They are investing their resources to help build a more supportive eco-system for you. They see the value in helping the community so perhaps you should consider them when you go looking for representation.
NISP CONNECT is coming of age this year. We are implementing a series of new structures that will enable us to scale what we do, only this time we are going BIG. This February, NISP CONNECT members and key knowledge economy stakeholders came together to:
● Define our collective ambition.
● Set the 20-year targets for what the Knowledge Economy must look like.
● Identify the biggest issues holding us back (Key Blockers).
Check out the Annual Report for a sneak peek of what this roadmap looks like.
This year we will:
1. Evangelise our new Vision for the Northern Ireland Knowledge Economy. 2. Scale business community participation to develop actionable solutions to the Key Blockers. 3. Help the public sector to define the public policies that will help to achieve our Vision and address the Key Blockers. 4. Implement two new Programmes: “Co-Founders Wanted” and “Frontiers in Science & Technology”. 5. Implement a new Steering Team structure that will mobilise over 60 people to lead the delivery of what we do. 6. Partner with BioBusiness to adapt NISP CONNECT Programmes to develop the entrepreneurial capability of our Life Sciences.
The people of Northern Ireland are at least as talented as the world’s best. We deserve a supportive eco-system of entrepreneurship that is as good as anywhere in the world; where any kid with talent and ambition can make it big. NISP CONNECT strives to be a catalyst in the realisation of that promise, through the creation of new ventures. We offer a platform for the most experienced in our community, home or abroad, to help our most promising entrepreneurs, pro bono.